Zebra Loans is a responsible lender that specialises in short-term cash loans for our customers. If you are considering getting a loan, we have compiled a list of helpful information below to ensure you understand the borrowing process and make an informed decision.
Types of loans available
Zebra Loans offers a range of flexible loan types to suit different customers. To learn more about our loan types which are currently available, please contact us for more information.
To gain a full understanding of all costs involved with taking out a personal loan, please visit our Borrowing Costs section. If you are already in debt, we would advise you not to take out a Zebra loan. This will only increase your financial responsibilities. Talk to the Citizens Advice Bureau or get budgeting advice from a service like sorted.org.nz.
We do our utmost to ensure our loans are fair and reasonable via our responsible lending practices:
- You may be able to borrow between $100 and $500 on your first loan and up to $1,000 on subsequent loans, subject to our lending criteria.
- Our criteria requires you to be in ongoing employment and earn over $400 per week net.
- Your income must not derive from benefits, self employment, your pension, or disability benefit.
- We ensure that you never have to repay more than 25% of your net pay each pay period to ensure you can afford to repay your loan.
- New regulations require us to ask you for the purpose of the loan. As a responsible lender we may not accept your reason as a sufficient purpose to approve your loan.
- We are transparent about the interest charged and all the fees applicable which are set out in our costs of borrowing.
- We provide an easy to use loan calculator that helps you calculate how much you can borrow and exactly how much it will cost, how much interest you will pay, the amount of fees, the number of repayments and the full repayment amount.